Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Oatmeal Cookies
I always have bananas that are browning way too fast. But the good thing is that brown bananas are great for baking. Guess I just have to bake something…darn! I usually just make a banana bread or banana cake, but today I decided on cookies. Healthy cookies at that.
What is a healthy cookie you say? I would say that a healthy cookie has less calories and is better for you than a normal cookie. But these cookies actually taste good. They are not like the other cookies that are three ingredients and taste, well like the three ingredient cookies (banana, oatmeal and chocolate chips). Those do not taste like cookie, to me at least. These ones taste good and are good for you.
Makes 15 cookies. Recipe adapted from Amy’s Healthy Baking
~ 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
~ 1 cup instant oats
~ 1 tsp cinnamon
~ 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
~ 1/8 tsp salt
~ 1/4 cup mashed banana (about 1/2 a large banana)
~ 2 TBL coconut oil
~ 1 tsp vanilla
~ 1/2 cup agave nectar (can use maple syrup or honey in place of agave)
~ 4 TBL mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the banana, coconut oil, agave and vanilla.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Drop 15 scoops of the dough onto the baking sheets.
- Flatten the dough so it is more “cookie shaped” and not balls.
- Bake 13-15 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack.
Serving size 1 cookie
Tell me how you like these healthy cookies by living a comment below.