Greek Chicken Legs with Rice
Want a super quick, delicious meal with very minimal cleanup? Well this one’s for you! This recipe only uses ONE dish! It’s the one dish wonder! It’s also super sweet on your wallet too! I mean, nothing is cheaper than chicken legs.
This is such a flavorful way to make chicken. It’s very refreshing with the lemon juice, and it will take you right to the Mediterranean. This recipe is very versatile as well, you can make it with more then just chicken legs, you can make it with pork chops, chicken breasts or thighs and even a leaner red meat.
~ 4 pounds of chicken legs
~ 1 cup lemon juice
~ 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
~ 1 teaspoon onion powder
~ 1 tablespoon oregano
~ 2 teaspoons salt
~ 1 teaspoon pepper
~ 2 cups of rice, I used brown but feel free to use whatever you prefer
~ 1 cup chicken broth
- Put the chicken legs in a 9 x 13 glass baking dish. It will be a tight fit, so you may have to play some Tetris to fit them all in.
- Add the lemon juice to the bottom of the dish.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the top of the chicken legs to coat them as best as you can.
- Sprinkle the onion powder, oregano, salt and pepper over the top of the chicken legs. Try to evenly coat the seasoning over the chicken legs so they all get the same great flavor.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven, and add the rice to the dish. Try to get the rice inside the areas where the chicken is missing so it will absorb the liquid. You want the rice in the liquid, if it is not in the liquid, it will not cook and you will have hard rice. Pour the broth over the rice, cover again and place in the oven again for another 15-20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Serve chicken and rice hot
You will not believe the flavor this dish gets! The rice absorbs all the yummy delicious liquid that the chicken and lemon juice made. I guarantee you have not tasted rice like this before. This dish rocks and it’s so simple!
Tell me how you liked this recipe!
Stay Sweet~ Amanda