Want a fast and easy breakfast? Why not make mini frittatas? They are perfect for meal prep if you are counting calories or doing a special diet (like Whole30, which these are Whole30 approved). They are also perfect if you happen to love eggs, but do not have the time to cook every morning. The kids can also just grab one from the fridge that morning, pop it in the microwave and be on their way.
~ 2 TBL olive oil
~ 1 yellow onion, sliced
~ 8 oz mushrooms, sliced (I used baby portobello mushrooms)
~ 8 oz bell pepper, sliced (I used mini bell peppers because that is what I had in the fridge)
~ 8 oz power greens (kale or spinach would work as well)
~ 12 eggs
~ 2 tsp salt
~ 1 tsp pepper
- In a large skillet, heat up the olive oil.
- Add sliced onion and cook 4 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add in bell pepper and mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Add in the power greens and cook until they have wilted down.
- Turn off the heart, and let veggies cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, add all dozen eggs and whisk together with the salt and pepper.
- Add veggie mixture and stir until combines.
- Prepare a muffin tin by spraying the muffin tin with an olive oil spray.
- Evenly divide egg mixture between all 12 muffin holes.
- Bake frittatas 20-25 minutes or until set in the middle. Do not over cook, you will be disappointed.
1 mini frittata
I hope you enjoy and these help your mornings go by a bit easier.