Slow Cooker Corn Chowder
It’s winter, it’s COLD! I hate the cold! I also don’t know about you, but I have absolutely zero motivation to do anything when I get off of work and it’s already dark outside. That is why this recipe is so perfect. You put it in the slow cooker, go to work, and dinner is ready when you get home.
This soup is delicious! It was just what I needed for this cold day. It’s creamy, sweet and savory all at the same time with so much texture. One bowl and you’re full.
Recipe adapted from Spend With Pennies
~ 2 large carrots, chopped
~ 1 onion, chopped
~ 4 russet potatoes, chopped
~ 1 small 10-12 oz bag of frozen corn
~ 2- 14oz-16oz cos of creamed corn
~ 4 cups chicken broth
~ 1 pound bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled (you can omit if you are vegetarian)
~ 1/2 tsp thyme
~ 1/2 tsp garlic powder
~ 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
~ 2 TBL cornstarch
~ salt and pepper to taste
- Into the bowl of a crockpot, place the carrots, onion, potatoes, frozen corn, creamed corn, chicken broth, bacon, thyme and garlic powder.
- Cook on high for 5 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine evaporated milk and cornstarch. Which together so there are no lumps.
- Add evaporated milk mixture to the crockpot and cook an additional half hour.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
I hope you enjoy this soup like we did in my house. It’s so simple and easy!