Sweet Potato Apple Hashbrowns
Well, I am a survivor of the Whole30 diet. My sister in law, Bron, and I completed Whole30 together. I was so happy I did it. I will tell you though, as much as i love to cook and eat, it was so hard to finish. I basically ate the same thing every day, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Towards the end of the diet, I needed to change things desperately or else I was going to fall of the wagon.
For breakfast, I decided to make sweet potato hash browns with a sunny side egg on top of them. The next day, I was craving something sweet, so I decided to put some grated apple in them. WOW! These were amazing. They were very satisfying to eat, made me not miss anything lacking from my normal diet LOL.
Serving size 2 waffles
~ 1 large apple, grated and squeezed into a towel to get excess juice out
~ 1 large sweet potato, grated
~ 1 egg, beaten
~ 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pre heat a waffle iron so it is nice and hot when you are ready to use.
- Spray a skillet with coconut oil, and cook sweet potato for about 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove sweet potato from skillet and put into a bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Spray the waffle iron with coconut oil and add sweet potato mixture.
- Cook 10 minutes or so, until the “waffle” comes out without falling apart.
Serving size 1 waffle
Tell me your thoughts!