Creamy Maple Dijon Chicken with Bacon
For months, I have been wanting to try this recipe. I came across it on Pinterest while looking up Paleo meals. I have been trying my hardest to eat more clean. Well, it sat there, on my Paleo board and in my mind for months. I finally made it, with a few tweaks. It was amazing! I don’t know how you can go wrong with chicken, maple syrup and bacon.
~ 4 slices of thick bacon
~ 1 1/2 los chicken breasts
~ 1 cup yellow onion
~ 1 TBL coconut oil
~ 16 oz sliced mushrooms
~ 1-14 oz can coconut milk (full fat)
~ 1 TBL maple syrup
~ 3 TBL dijon mustard
~ salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add bacon and cook until crispy.
- Remove bacon and lay on a paper towel lined plate to absorb grease. Once cool enough to handle, crumble the bacon.
- Save 1 TBL of bacon fat in the pan to cook the chicken in, dispose of the rest.
- Add chicken to the pan and cook about 4 minutes on each side (do not cook all the way through, but do brown on each side).
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add coconut oil to the pan.
- Add onion and mushrooms. Cook about 6 minutes until tender.
- Add crumbled bacon to the pan.
- Add coconut milk and stir until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add chicken back to the pan to finish cooking all the way through.
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup and dijon mustard.
- Add mustard mixture to the pan and thick to combine.
- Simmer 8-10 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Season some more with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with vegetables, rice, pasta or noodles.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. You will not be disappointed. Let me know what you think!